Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I lost my way

I'm waking up to my life.

Thirty. Fairly intelligent and mostly organized.

Yet not able to choose what to eat for lunch. Playing with the idea of ordering two value meals from the fast food menu so I could have a little of both instead of making a decision.

Why does this cause me stress? Why don't I know what I like? Why can't I make a decision?

Why don't I care? Where did I go? When did I disappear?

In high school - I loved movies - loved singing - listened to all varieties of music - sang to everything and read every book I could get my hands on.

I laughed alot - I loved - I felt so deeply - I cared about creativity and freedom.

The world was alive and I was alive in it.

How did I become this woman in a daze?

Why am I content simply to survive?

When did I become so focused on keeping other people happy that I lost my will to live?

What is my purpose? Who am I supposed to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment