Thursday, April 19, 2012

What Has Changed, or The Evolution of Being, part VIIII

There's this girl - woman - now that she's 30, I suppose I can't call her a girl any more. But I've known her nearly forever. She's been probably the truest friend I've had for my entire life. Okay, she's been the only friend I've had for my ENTIRE life, but now that's splitting hairs, isn't it?

Twenty-eight years ago, (very nearly, I think) this girl was almost three years old and I was almost five. Her family, which included her mom, her dad, and her very mean older sister, moved into the house across the street. My mom gave my sister and I some stickers to use to "friend"
them.

It worked quite well and from that day on, that girl and I were quite inseparable. We couldn't be more different if we tried. She was small, I was big. She was fair, I was dark. She was clumsy, I was graceful. She was brave, I was scared. She had a hundred friends, I had two. She was loud, I was loud... okay, maybe not that one.

But we loved each other like sisters - or more even - because we chose to love each other.

1 comment:

  1. You somehow know just exactly the place to stop to keep us reading and waiting for more!

    ReplyDelete